Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A miraculous healing

I've changed my mind. I want to keep things in order and the next thing that happened for me was a healing.

Something I need to make clear is that I have a terrible memory. I don't say this with self-deprecating humor. I'm not old. I'm only 45. It's because my illness literally pretty much wiped the hard drive in my head clean. Yep. I had a total reboot and there are many things I can't remember anymore. My short term memory is still pretty iffy too, which is frustrating because when I want to talk about my bursting testimony I can't remember deatils! It's beyond embarrassing, because I don't want to say, "I studied this, and I know it's a fact, documented somewhere, but I can't remember who said it, where I read it, or where you can find it yourself!"

Anyway, I was sitting at the computer one day, just surfing somewhere (seriously can't remember if I was on facebook or what) But I found information about "inhaling hydrogen peroxide." It stopped me for a minute and the spirit said to me in a very calm tone, "You should try that."

My first thought was, "Are you freaking kidding me? That can't be healthy."

But something prompted me to study it out further, so I did, watching a ton of different videos on youtube. And then I figured, what the heck? What do I have to lose at this point? But let me just say, it terrified me to try it. Truly. What if it destroyed my lungs or worse???

Long story short. Within a month and a half, my illness was gone. Totally. And it has never come back and that was two years ago.

I still have issues to deal with. It wasn't a total healing, which I do pray for still. I want Jesus to come down and pronounced me whole. I want to be able to hop out of bed and go running like I used to and gave energy to do more than laundry. As it is, I roll out of bed slowly, fill my water bottle up to the top, and then sit in bed drinking water until my body feels like it wants to function, while my husband makes breakfast for the kids and mainly gets them off to school. They do quite a bit of getting ready in my bathroom, so I can dole out orders when I need to, but my situation isn't ideal.

At least I'm in the healing stage rather than the degenerative stage. I'll take it. And things ARE getting better. For the first time in a very long time, I walked two miles! A HUGE milestone! And I pray the entire time I'm walking, praising God for the miracle of being able to walk at all.

From the time of my healing on, I told everyone about my miracle and the amazing spiritual experiences I was having, where I felt the spirit communicating with me on a level I'd never felt before. My kids can't even lie to me anymore! Seriously, ninety-nine percent of the time, I can tell when they're lying. They hate it and actually get mad at the Holy Ghost for tattling on them. When it happens and they say some lie, I'll look them right in the eyes and say, "The Holy Ghost just told me you're lying. Spit out the truth, buster." Not that they lie all the time, but they are kids.

Healing has been slow, but I know it happened this way to teach me some very valuable lessons I needed. I'm a very slow learner, which shows just how wise the Savior is, doing it this way, keeping me humble and submissive and wanting more. Maybe a better person could have handled a complete and total healing. I need weakness to force me to cry out to Jesus.

And in honor of that line, here is a song I absolutely love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. I'd love to hear what you think.