Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Going, going, gone!

Isn't it sad that the movies that lift the spirit the most are shoved under the carpet the quickest?

In a previous post I wrote about Miracles from Heaven. I loved that movie. So many good things to say about it. Today I watched, The Letters. The story of Mother Teresa.


Was there anyone who was a better example of following the Savior? I'm not sure there was... or is. How many people do you know who have left everything to LIVE among the poor and take care of them? Who gave ALL to care for the hungry, naked, and lonely?

From my youth, I've looked up to her, but as I watched this movie today, I found myself wishing I could be more like her. To have her faith, her determination, her grit.

But I don't know how to be like her. I can't drop everything and live among the poor. I have a husband and young children to take care of. Now that I know what it means to follow the Savior, I really want to. I want to teach my kids to. I can look for people to serve, but will it truly ever be like what she did? We all have our own paths to follow, but somehow I want one more like hers... sometimes.

Her life was lonely. She faced so many hardships along the way, yet saw so many miracles. She felt abandoned by the Lord at times. Can you believe that? Her, feeling abandoned? Most people only see what she did on the outside, but don't realize how she was feeling on the inside as the years moved along. She was humble and gave all credit to God, but she also was human. She cried, she ached, she mourned.

So maybe we can be like her. Someone who keeps going despite our hardships. Someone who prays in faith even when they feel their prayers aren't being heard. Someone who steps out the door to ease someone's suffering even when you're suffering yourself.

This movie is on Netflix right now, so go watch it. It will fill you with such love that you will be near bursting to share it. This is what we need more of in the world. People who want to be like Mother Teresa. People who hear the Lord's voice and stop at nothing to do what he has commanded them to do.

Like St. Francis of Assisi, this is my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts. I'd love to hear what you think.